GreenMind has delivered sustainability focused talks and training to over 25,000 professionals around the world.
A respected leader in the sustainability community and GreenMind Founder, Paul Shahriari is a highly experienced speaker and trainer.
Shahriari served as a US Green Building Council LEED Faculty Member from 2003-2008. During his tenure, he helped develop many of the Council's early programs and training manuals on LEED NC, LEED CI, LEED for Building Product Manufactures and LEED Costs & Returns.
Contact us to schedule a pre-packaged talk on a wide variety of topics, or to create a custom program for your organization and event. We offer trainings that run from 1 hour to 3 days, depending on the goals of your organization.
Keynotes & Speeches
Paul Shahriari is an authority on green building and the application of technology to simplify sustainable decision making. He is recognized for his ability to help audiences quickly and effortlessly understand complex sustainability concepts using storytelling and simple analogies. He has been a keynote speaker at industry events for developers, owners, architects, engineers, contractors and manufacturers. He was a Master Speaker at the USGBC Greenbuild Conference in 2005 and presented at the Congress on the Future of Engineering Software in 2012.
GreenMind has a selection of training programs that cover a wide variety of topics of interest to owners, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, product manufacturers and facility managers. We are happy to customize any of our training programs to fit the needs of our clients. Training programs can be conducted in a variety of ways, including in-person and via video-conferencing solutions.
Training topics can include:
- General Green Building - Overview of sustainability and how it can be utilized to improve an organization, project or products position in the marketplace.
- Market Intelligence - An in-depth look at trends and emerging issues affecting the sustainability industry and how to position your organization to navigate the shifts in this evolving landscape.
- Marketing & Communications - Creative and innovative marketing and communications strategies that will help your organization align with consumer and influencer trends in your industry.
- Cost/Benefit Analysis - Sustainability focused cost / benefit analysis strategies and methodologies to help you attain your business goals.
- Product Manufacturing - Green building topics for building product manufacturers that are grounded in the realities of the marketplace and the various influencers that drive decision making on projects.
- A/E/D/C Focused - How to best position your services to building owners and developers.
Customized Training Program Clients
GreenMind has worked with leading organizations to create customized talks, trainings and outreach programs to help, internal teams, external influencers and customer groups better understand sustainability. GreenMind has created hundreds of unique presentations - many award-winning - that have been highly impactful for the audiences. The list below highlights some of our recent clients and the programs we created for them.
- BIFMA (Business + Institutional Furniture Manufactures Association): level training + Outreach
- Associated Builders and Contractors: LEED Programs and General Green Building
- DPR Construction: LEED Programs and Cost Benefit Analysis for Contractors
- University of Florida: High Performance Green Building Executive Training
- Lee County Public Schools: Green Jobs Training
- Hardin Construction: LEED Programs and Cost Benefit Analysis for Contractors
- Lennar Homes: Green Development and FGBC Home Certification
- Steelcase: LEED Commercial Interiors and Cost Benefit Analysis